Thursday 18 March 2010

They Know Me Too Well

For no real reason, I clicked on the "Recommendations" link whilst logged in to amazon.co.uk today. Included in the first eight suggestions were:
  1. Philips NT9110 Nose Hair Trimmer - £7.99
  2. Develop Successful Relationships (Audio CD) by Glenn Harrold - £7.99
  3. Draper 69933 Safety Helmet with ear defenders and visor - £18.21
  4. Bosch AHS 63-16C Electric Hedge Trimmer - £45.95
  5. LEGO Star Wars 8017 Darth Vader's TIE Fighter - £29.98
I'm seriously worried that Amazon have been rifling through my waste paper bin or even spying on me with real-time satellite technology. Those suggestions are just too close to the bone.

But it's comforting to see that, after improving my relationship with my girlfriend via the first four suggestions (through various cunning means), our friends at Amazon have given me leave for some quality "personal" time building Lego. What more could you ask for from a benign totalitarian entity?

No comments:

Post a Comment